Job: Sports Copywriter / Editor (Native German), Recruit Gibraltar
- Recruit Gibraltar
- 18 Jun 2009
- Ian Hancock
- English, German
- Marketing & PR
- Job Type
- Salary up to £24k
Our client is searching for a Sports Copywriter / Editor who is a native German speaker with excellent English to maximise traffic through a Sportsbook website by working with the Trading Team to promote, market, monitor and maintain dynamic content across all Sportsbook domains and sites in a timely and relevant manner, utilising all the publishing and content management systems available whilst ensuring the quality of translations across all areas is consistent, accurate and of a high quality.
• Monitoring and checking websites, ensuring all content and data are correctly displaying and up-to-date at all times including the creation and pricing of ad-hoc markets
• Creating and distributing sporting and betting event schedules and sourcing the details of our internal product.
• Liaise daily with the Trading team to plan and schedule of content for events and promotions.
• Briefing the Design Team with requests for banners, adverts and other visual content.
• Communicating display requirements to the Sports Information Department (SID) and ensuring guidelines are adhered to.
• Publishing content items to the Sportsbook, its sub-domains and other sites.
• Providing and reviewing business statistics to determine the success of publishing policies.
• Providing content for client communications for Sporting events and Sportsbook promotions
• Regularly reviewing our industry competitors for gap analysis.
• Maintaining translations on all sites to a high quality by either completing them or managing translation completed by a 3rd party (where appropriate)
• Clear concise writing skills, appropriate to company guidelines on tone
• The ability to write fluently in appropriate language for a number of purposes and situations.
• Particular attention to detail.
• Working attitude striving for thoroughness and perfection.
• Competent user of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
• Knowledge and interest in a variety of sports.
• Confident in using their own initiative and to be imaginative & creative.
• Forward thinking with an interest in improving current practices.
• Ability to think and act fast under pressure.
• Ability to work to immovable deadlines
Salary up to £24k